sharing problem in Excel
Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:19 AM
Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:41 PM
Welcome to GTG!
Just a couple starter questions for you:
Are these files being accessed on a network and also what version of Excel are you using?
When you open the file, do you notice a [read only] in the title bar (by the file name)?
[Edit]- Since you mentioned this occurred over the past 10 days or so, did anything change with the computer? New software, security applications, etc..
Edited by dm27, 16 March 2010 - 07:44 PM.
Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:51 AM
I am using Office 2007
No I do not see read only in the title bar
The problem started since I loaded kaspersky
Hope you provide a good answer. I am tired of saving files in different names periodically!!!
Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:15 AM
So, all files are being created on your own system, no network and no Read-Only in title bar of the application...
Is this the Kaspersky Anti-Virus or their Internet Security Suite?
Not sure if I'll have a useful answer...I'm still exploring options.
Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:04 PM
Here are some additional resources for your consideration, there are lots of possible causes, I've just hit some high points for possible solutions:
- Use the Microsoft Diagnostic Tool built into Office 2007 (perhaps a file was corrupted with the install of Kaspersky?)
- Depending on the Office suite you have installed, this Microsoft Hotfix may apply. Only applies to those below.
- Microsoft Office Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007
- Microsoft Office Professional 2007
- Various forums report sharing violations were related to issues related to
- the Windows Desktop Search application,
- a bad printer driver
- and various issues between security software (AVG, Microsoft Security Essentials, and Kaspersky 2010 were mentioned) and Word/Excel 2007.
- Did you ever have any Norton or McAfee Security products installed on your machine?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users