Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HTML, links, and image cycling...oh my.

• Please log in to reply

Arfinwulf

Arfinwulf

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hello board,

I know how to make an animated GIF, but when I upload it to my company's website the image can be linked to only one link; i.e. each frame of the animated GIF cannot be its own link to a different URL. Insert sigh here because that's what I want: each frame to be it's own link.

My theory is that there is a way for me to have a few single images, each one big slice with its own link embedded via PS, and (1) upload each image to my website's server, and (2) slap in some HTML to a webpage what will summon up each image for a turn of five seconds or so, then move on to the next one.

The only way for me to get HTML into my company's site is to open up the CMS we use, click on "Flash Object" and paste HTML code into the box that comes up. It's worked for HTML supplied by others, but I don't know how to code myself.

So, as a raw HTML newbie, how the heck can I code what I want to do? Links to tutorials for such things, or any general advice, are appreciated.

Advertisements