Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows won't start in normal mode

• Please log in to reply

danieljuts

danieljuts

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, I'm having problems running windows in normal mode after I did a system restore in safe mode. When I try to start up normal mode the welcome screen will show and it'll do the green bar load halfway then say windows could not start up properly

im using windows xp dell vostro sp3

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Does it boot fully in Safe Mode?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
The 1000$ question is, "WHY did you have to do a system restore in Safe Mode, in the first place.
The answer to this, is I think, the key to your present problem.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
There are cases, when, for some reason, system restore doesn't want to work in normal mode, but it works perfectly fine in safe mode. Perhaps, some processes running in normal mode are preventing system restore from working correctly.
Running system restore from safe mode is a pretty common advice, if it doesn't want to work in normal mode.

danieljuts

danieljuts

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Does it boot fully in Safe Mode?

yeah safe mode networking works and everything but normal mode just wont even load

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
What was the original reason to use system restore?

danieljuts

danieljuts

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

What was the original reason to use system restore?

i used the system restore to remove xp malware 2010

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Please see my post 3 I asked the same question - WHY - as post 6. I am sorry, "I did not mean WHY in Safe Mode. I meant WHY a system restore.
The mian point is:
If you simply selected the last restore point, it may NOT have been a System Check Point - restore.
My advice is to run Malwarebytes and if anything is found, refer the matter to the Virus, Malware and Trojan
Forum.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 15 March 2010 - 08:53 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Well, you asked why was it done from the safe mode, but let's try to solve OP issue :)

@ danieljuts
In most cases, system restore will NOT remove an infection. It may help to make your computer bootable, etc., but most likely the infection, or traces of it is still there.

I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Broni
We must have been typing that one at the same time. Pleased to see the Tech Staff and the new boy on the block are thinking on the same wavelength,.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
:) :)