Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email Attachments

• Please log in to reply

CathyJo

CathyJo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I can not attach any files to any of my email accounts from my computer. If I go to another computer I can. Does anyone have some advice?

Edited by CathyJo, 15 March 2010 - 09:24 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Use the other computer permanently? :)

What sort of files are these that you cannot attach? Who's the email with?

CathyJo

CathyJo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
That is what i am trying to avoid buying a new computer.. I am using yahoo and gmail and it is any files it doesn't matter what it is if docs or pics in any form

Togii

Togii

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Is the problem that you've never been able to on that computer, or did it just change to where you can no longer do it, but used to be able to?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Jessica108

If you are going to provide information that you found from another source, it is a courtesy to at least place it in quotes and give credit to the original poster.

From Kioskea.com If you're seeing error messages while uploading attachments, make sure you have Flash installed. Visit http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to check for updates and download the latest version.

In addition, please make sure that Flash is not being blocked on your computer. If your computer's default browser is Internet Explorer, make sure that it's not in "offline mode."

Please note that this feature is not supported on Linux.

If you're using Flash 10, try these troubleshooting steps (note that you may not need to do all of the things listed below to fix the problem):

* Switch your attachment settings from 'Advanced attachment features' to 'Basic attachment features' (click Settings and select the General tab to change this setting). Save your changes and try to upload your attachment again.
* Try another browser.
* Disable your proxy.
* If you continue to have trouble after following these suggestions, report it here.

CathyJo

What browser are you using? IE, Firefox, Opera?
What I have found (as Jessica108 did) it seems to be related to a flash update that is required.

123runner