Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help: USB problems..

• Please log in to reply

team7

team7

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Everytime i connect a USB storage device, my Windows XP always has a message pop up saying it is a High speed device, and will function at a reduced speed, continuing to say ' There are no high speed host controllers installed'

I installed some update from windows saying it was a high speed thing; 'WindowsXP-KB943198-v2-x86-ENU'
But i still get the error..

is there a way to fix this? my transfers to usb are EXTREMELY slow .. would love to fix this
thx

Attached Thumbnails

• usb.JPG

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Your update was for "USB to serial port" adapters. You know that some computers (older) only have USB 1.1 front ports, while the rear ports are USB 2.0. It also may be you need to reinstall or update your CHIPSET(motherboard) drivers to get USB 2.0. Also, are you running SP2 or SP3 on your computer? SP1 does not support USB 2.0. More information on your computer would help to find your problem.

SRX660