Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

restored computer no internet

• Please log in to reply

butterflyflower

butterflyflower

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I restored my computer to factory settings becuz it kept getting stuck now i can't connect to the internet. I'm using windows vista. Help pleeeze!

Advertisements

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Check to see if your network card drivers have been installed.

http://windows.micro...-Device-Manager

Click on the + sign to the left of Network Adapters and insure no red x, exclamation mark of question mark exists.

Do you have one or more computers in the house?

dR_fLuX

dR_fLuX

• Pip
  • 4 posts
If your computer came with any CD's they more than likely contain the drivers for your computer. If its a laptop and you didn't get any discs it could be on a separate partition on the hard drive. (I'm unsure if its standard to have that feature on desktop computers, I haven't purchased one in quite some time)

artm12

artm12

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hello Friend,
Are you using a router? If so then some details would help. If your not using a router then you should contact your ISP to get them to assist with troubleshooting.

Thanks,
James

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts

I restored my computer to factory settings

We need to know what you used to restore your computer. Was it a restore CD or a retail version of the OS?

A restore Cd would normally load all of the drivers required.
I suspect (as suggested) that you are missing some drivers.