Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How does my Microsoft Desk Top compare to MacPro 15"

• Please log in to reply

Tara Leah

Tara Leah

• Pip
  • 0 posts
HI! ACE SITE. Great idea.

I am crossing over to an Apple Mac Book Pro 15" Note Book and wondering how it compares to my current PC. I dont understand the language translation form one to another.

Secondly, how much is my desk top worth? It was purchased in 2005

My Desk top is:

DELL Dimension 5100 Pentium ®4 HT Technology 630/640/650w HT desk top
3.0 GHZ, 2MB LZ Cache, 800 MHZ FSB INTEL ® 945G Chipset
Intergrated Fast Ethernet 10/100
System Drive CD Kit
128MB Graphics Card
160GB Hard Drive
16 x DVD +/- rw play + burn cd dvd

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
I have a MacBook Air that I use and I have to say I love that thing. It's sleek, quick and user friendly. It takes a little getting used to because of the different interface and keyboard shortcuts, but once you do, you'll fall in love. I haven't found anything that I can do on a Windows PC that I can't on my Mac. I swear, sometimes the Mac knows what I want to do before I do. They are a snap to set up and the OS is wonderful. It's stable and I've only had a couple problems, one turned out to be my router and the others were all user error. :)

As for the desktop, it's hard to say. These days used PC's aren't worth too much because of the pace at which technology changes. You're best bet is to check eBay or something like Craig's List.

Edited by Spyderturbo007, 16 March 2010 - 08:56 AM.