Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Problem Please Help Me

• Please log in to reply

kaikoa19

kaikoa19

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Guys

I'm having a problem with my computer which i'm going nuts over it.

The Problem.

I have two computers at home both Xp and they have the same specs in everything from ram to hard drive etc they are identical computers. they are both connected to one router/modem that goes out to the internet. Now one computer is fast in terms of accessing the sites no matter if its the first time i ever visted that particular web page but the other computer is only fast if that would be the second time i access that web site, if it it a site that entered for the first time it will be slow and sometime when i try to update the that computer it will download updates for ages and sometimes just ended up loosing the connection.

Please help me out i just blew 200 bucks call this help desk people and all they can offer me a non working solution, please HELP ME i don't wanna go crazy over this.

I need to know what is causing this???? and a solution if possible please

Thanks
Kai Koa

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Welcome mate,

This is definitely a Networking topic, I will ask a mod to move it to the right location for you! Much more likely to get an answer if your post in the right spot next time. :)

Cheers

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hi kaikoa19 and :)

What is the make and model number of the router and the modem?
Have you tried resetting the router and the modem?

Unplug the router and unplug the modem.
Plug the modem in and wait for it to finish its self checks.
Plug the router in and wait for it to finish its self checks.
Test your connection.

123runner