Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Operating system doesn't load.

• Please log in to reply

Sonnung

Sonnung

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I wasn't entirely sure where to put this, I hope I chose the right section. Last night while I was surfing the internet(reading a webcomic) I got attacked by malware of some sort. I ran Malware Bytes on a quick scan and restarted my computer when prompted, but when my system restarted it showed me the black Windows loading screen as usual and then the screen just went black. I restarted it several more times with no change, and then restarted again and tried to start it in safe-mode. The problem I ran into there is that about 20 or so items load and then everything just stops. Nothing ever happens after that. I removed the hard drive and ran full virus scans on it in another computer and even though it did pick a few up that didn't seem to help. I'm not really sure what else to do and really worried that the drive is just ruined now, short of reinstalling windows but reinstalling would be my very last option. I would greatly appreciate any information/help with this.

Edit: When I go into Safe Mode, it loads to isapnp.sys and the stops and doesn't do anything else. I don't know if that helps or not, I never learned if things load in any specific order or not. I have a Windows disk to reinstall if I have to, but I just want to be sure there isn't something that I've missed before I have reinstall.

Edited by Sonnung, 16 March 2010 - 04:35 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

State in your initial post, that the machine is not bootable.