Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan- cannot download.Slow comp

• Please log in to reply

symphony1

symphony1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi all
Kapersky detected a Trojan and I'm worried it still may have effects. Kapersky dosen't detect the trojan anymore (I've ran updated security about 20 times since!)Spybot detects nothing either. (Kapersky updates were suspiciously slow after the attack and the internet is intermittently slow and unresponsive).

Please help, I'm quite concerned. I tried to download free anti-malwares multiple times, however something is stopping me downloading them. Having cleared out Java, the failed downloads behave differently. Previously, it instantly said download is done but Download box was empty (no downloading pause or bar). Now it's just constantly 'Loading' and no download dialogue box. I cannot download anything except updates for Kapersky and Spybot. (There seem to be some elements of Java missing-connection?)

Needless to say I cannot run an Hijack log or like due to download probs.

I'm on XP and Firefox (I tried downloading via IE to no avail).
I keep getting Kapersky security prompts such as "Low restricted trying to set debug privileges." The culprit being stuff like camera drivers. I keep blocking these via Kapersky. Some of these items are rarely used and have suddenly sprung into life since the trojan attack.

According to Kapersky the Trojan is/was C:\System Volume Information Trojan. Win32.VB.abxo

I’ve just tried the safe mode (networking) but no joy. The modem wasn't having it- showed flashing red light instead of two constant green LED's; so no internet in safe mode.

I’ve spent about 10 hours on this now and I’m getting desperate as I need regular use of a safe comp. I would appreciate your help with this please. I should add I’m still at the Basic and ZX81 with 16K RAM pack stage, so please keep it in layman’s terms. :)

Edited by symphony1, 16 March 2010 - 05:42 PM.

Advertisements