Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless card faulty?

• Please log in to reply

leonora31

leonora31

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi I have a Belkin router, we have 3 PC's and 1 laptop. My Pc is the furthest away from the rooter. My signal is always very low to low, for the last couple of weeks I have been getting huge drops in speed, down to as low as 35kbps, all the other PCs are fine with normal fluctuation. Could it be the card that is at fault or could something be interfering with my signal?

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
How far would you say it is from the router?

Yes there could be many things that interfere with the router such as old 2.4 ghz phones, lead beams in houses, printers, speaker systems...etc and the farther away the computer is from the wireless router, the more distance and objects you put in between the signal. Can you move the PC closer to the router and try that?