Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tech check for first build please

• Please log in to reply

digitalmunky

digitalmunky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey Ferrari

Well I got to bed very late after a long day and the whole system, along with the new CDROM is working perfectly. A MASSIVE THANKS TO YOU :) :) :) :) :)

Your guidance and patience has restored my faith in human generosity. I have attached a screenshot from the windows scoring utility, which im very happy with. :) :) :kiss:

My asus mobo has something called Unleash mode, which has unlocked a third (free of charge) core on my Phenom 550be :)

I wonder if I qualify for a degree in Geekology now I have put together my first build? :)

So, to the next step. I have to enter the new and unfamiliar world of overclocking to get the best from what I have, or would you advise against it?

Thanks Ferrari, you have been a real gent!!!

Peter

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.JPG

Advertisements

digitalmunky

digitalmunky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I forgot to say that I snook out this morning while the wife was still snoring and picked up the HD4770 :) I just had to have more hardware :)

Peter

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
You did really well... I still don't know what happened with the whole booting to cd rom thing... oh well. You are very welcome... you did most of everything on your own. :)

I forgot to say that I snook out this morning while the wife was still snoring and picked up the HD4770

I was wondering how the heck you got a 7.2 in graphics department of the Windows Assessment. Then I scrolled down and read the next post. :)

Congrats. You can post pictures of the build if you'd like.

P.S. I don't know much about overclocking, but generally this is done for gamers. I think for what you will be doing it is unnecessary. Something you can always do at a latter time if ever needed.

Edited by Ferrari, 20 March 2010 - 03:34 PM.