Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Internet Security 2005 won't start

• Please log in to reply

k1cy

k1cy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently rebuilt the hard drive, reinstalled all XP and original software from COMPAQ original CDs, ran XP updates, added Google toolbar, other reliable software and finally redownloaded Norton Internet Security 2005 and tried to install. I received no installation errors, but I was never asked to use my KEY. Whenever I click to start the software (Icon looks OK) it looks like it is going to run but nothing happens. I have added no software that wasn't running properly earlier. All software is legal and proper.
H E L P

Advertisements

stallionsims

stallionsims

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
hi,
did this happened after a successful installation and activation?
i that case you can try the steps in this KB article of symantec.

http://service1.syma...h_nam#_Section2

you can skip the first step in the document.try and work out the other steps.post if successful.

:tazz:

k1cy

k1cy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
When step 5 is complete there is no "AuditInProgress = <Binary Value> 00" in the right pane. It can't be deleted since it doesn't exist here. The right pane starts with the following lines --

Name Type Data
(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
CommonFilesDir REG_SZ C:\Program Files\Common Files
DevicePath REG_EXPAND_SZ %SystemRoot%Media