Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adding Printer

• Please log in to reply

Joeyp

Joeyp

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Hey guys.I'm setting up my home network,and I've set the desktop and laptop up to share files,but I'm having trouble adding a printer on my laptop.I go through the whole wizard,but when I choose the printer from the list,it says the server doesn't have the correct driver installed,and asks to browse for driver.I click yes,then it says it needs a driver.inf,and asks me where to find it.What do I need to do here.The printer I am using is a HP Deskjet F300 Series,and I had to download the drivers for it off the HP site,because it was used and I had no driver disc.The printer works fine with my desktop,so I don't know what the problem is.Any help would be greatly appreciated,because I really want to use my printer from my laptop.Thanks!

Desktop OS-Windows XP Home SP3
Laptop OS-Windows XP Pro SP3

Advertisements