Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

freezing alot

• Please log in to reply

asdff

asdff

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I am on windows xp, my computer keeps freezing, it freezes, and I have to kill the power and then restart it, it does this 3-10 times per week :\

How would I fix this, and what is the problem?

Advertisements

grandwizard

grandwizard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
*Edited to remove offensive post

Edited by ~Kat~, 19 May 2005 - 10:55 PM.

asdff

asdff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
*Edited to remove quote of offensive post. I am very sorry you had to deal with that. That person joined the site just a few hours ago, and posted several posts of very seriously offensive material. I have since removed all of the posts, and banned the user. We do NOT tolerate such behavior/language here. I am so sorry this happened in your thread.

k

Edited by ~Kat~, 19 May 2005 - 10:56 PM.

grandwizard

grandwizard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
*edited to remove offensive post

Edited by ~Kat~, 19 May 2005 - 10:53 PM.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
go to start, my computer, right click, manage and view the event log. Look for the red x associated with the time it last happened. Right click, properties. The details may give a clue as to the cause. You can also send a report to M$ and view their knowledge base for additional clues. This will give you a direction to go.... :tazz: