Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen Resolution

• Please log in to reply

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Have a look these please, they are from the HP site for your computer.
The graphics were, when it was original Integrated graphics on the motherboard and according to your Hardware Report still are.
However the computer is finding a Pci card and attempting to install it.
The first link confirms you are looking at the right PC it is the details you provided
http://h10032.www1.h...l/c00049330.pdf

This link is to the main site for your computer

http://h10025.www1.h...C...uct=385639

THIS LINK IS TO THE PICTURE OF YOUR MOTHERBOARD, please tell me what is connected on the lower horizontal connectors when looking at the back of the computer. The monitor will if it is still only the integrated graphics be connected, on the small blue coloured 15 pin shown on the bottom picture, and which is on the vertical sockets and plugs on the rear of the case.
http://h10025.www1.h...;product=385639

Edited by Macboatmaster, 18 March 2010 - 07:51 AM.

Advertisements

Fern01

Fern01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Many thanks for your reply and all your help, much appreciated. I've been off the computer as it went from bad to worse. A trojan was found in it and when it was removed somehow it interfered with the resolution positions of the computer.
I also decided to change my anti virus programme from Avast, to Comodo, and as others had found, it was a disaster, it didn't install properly, and there was no removal tool to uninstall, one thing it did find was another trojan, very strange considering other parts of the programme couldn't be installed, I would have thought that if the whole programme was not installed properly the scanning procedure couldn't take place.
The computer was running so slow , (trojan,) and it wouldn't turn off, I decided to call in a technician, this morning things are back to normal.
One thing I have learned is to get all opinions on these anti virus programmes before installing, and search for the results of any tests that may have been done on them.
Once again, thanks for all your help.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Pleased it is fixed albeit at the expense, presumably, of a tech guy.
I am surprised about your problems with Comodo, I and many others, more esperienced than me, rate it as one of the best.
The best advice I can give you is COMODO or one of your choosing as a Firewall and then Microsoft Security Essesntials, (Free) as an anti-virus and spyware, just in case anything gets past Comodo.
Only EVER run one anti-virus, two will either slow things down, or actually negate each other. Only ever run one Firewall (unless you use something like Comodo which is capable of been configured as you need it in the Settings part of Comodo.
Obviously, whatever you had, I know you say you have changed now) was not good enough otherwise you could not have had the Trojan.
Best of Luck.
Please mark thread SOLVED.