Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

flash drive resident antimalware app?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

BobLewiston

BobLewiston

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Sorry, I accidentally posted this before in the Windows forum. This is where it belongs.

A while back someone suggested having, as part of your antimalware arsenal, some app that could be installed on a flash drive which could supposedly detect any spyware / malware on whatever computer the flash drive was plugged into. (I think the app was DOS-based, and it could work even if the system was severely compromised, although I'm not sure about those two points.) Could anybody tell me about this app? And would it detect a key logger?

Edited by BobLewiston, 18 March 2010 - 02:43 PM.

Advertisements

xblindx

xblindx

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
There are many security programs that can be run from a flash drive. One of which is SUPERANTISPYWARE's Portable Scanner. (If that link doesn't work, click here and it will be the first result)
There is also Flash Disinfected which is used to clean up infected flash drives.
To use Flash Disinfector, you would follow these instructions:

Edited by wannabe1, 18 March 2010 - 07:53 PM.
Remove malware removal advise

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You posted very same question on 15+ forums: http://www.google.co...lient=firefox-a and twice on this forum.

Don't you think, it's little bit excessive?

Buttons1

Buttons1

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Don't forget malwarebyte' :) !

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Going to close this since the user is getting help from 15+ other sites

Bob I recommend you read the rules here