Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Power Supply Question

• Please log in to reply

RickDees

RickDees

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
What would happen if i take out the top cover of my power supply and then install it into my computer? That is the only way i cant install it otherwise it wont go in.

Advertisements

Nalyd

Nalyd

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Besides collecting even more dust and possibly shorting to the case, not much could go wrong. Oh yeah, I guess you could accidently electricute yourself.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
DON'T DO IT YOU are asking for trouble.

Why won't it go in and what kind of computer and psu do you have?

RickDees

RickDees

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
my old power supply is really small and they dont sell and small power supply. My computer is and Hp

RickDees

RickDees

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Also what would happen if i put in a 300 watt graphic card to a 200 watt computer?

Nalyd

Nalyd

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Have you tried a micro atx psu?

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
get a bigger case...trust me, more room is better anyway. ebay has cool ones that are atx medium for like 30$ and 5$ s&h.

Nixx