Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Web pages and pictures loading improperly

• Please log in to reply

Kyserrr

Kyserrr

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm not entirely sure how to explain this so I took a few screenshots. Basically, my computer was working fine last night and I was gone all day at school today but I left it locked down and when I came back almost all the pictures on all the web pages I visited were all wonky, discolored, and pixely. I assumed the problem was with my graphics card but the problem only occurs on web pages and all the files already saved on my computer are fine and I do a lot of work on CS3 and everything in there is showing up fine as well as Paint or various other programs. Here's an example of the way the images are being displayed improperly:

Posted Image
^ an example of the wonky images

Posted Image
^ and what it's supposed to look like

Further, I'm getting seriously weird coding errors like so:
http://i41.tinypic.com/swshuw.jpg
And this sort of thing is occurring on various websites, not just that one.

I've tried several different browsers, restarting several times, restoring to a previous point, and clearing my cache and nothing seems to be working.

Advertisements

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Kyserrr-

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

Could it maybe be a problem with your web browser? What browser/engine are you using?

Kyserrr

Kyserrr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks!

I'm using Google Chrome but I tried Firefox and experienced the same problem. I'd try Internet Explorer except it takes far too long to open on my computer!

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Kyserrr-

It sounds more like a problem with your browser's engine than anything else. Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling your browser?