Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp

• Please log in to reply

dpkann1

dpkann1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I recently uninstalled realtekac97 and now i have no sound. When i uninstalled it it asked if i want to uninstall all that was associated with it and i chose yes. i have tried to restore my computer to previous point and it will not restore. i have tried to reinstall drivers. Still no sound.Is realtek apart of the microsoft windows program for playing audio??

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Realtek is NOT part of Microsoft. Sound drivers for your computer are usually installed with the chipset drivers. The manufacturer carries sound drivers on their websites. Make and model of the computer would help to find the correct drivers. If this is a custom built computer then the model and make of the motherboard will usually let people find the sound drivers.

These drivers may not be correct for your computer but it shows they can be found.

http://download.cnet...4-10238712.html

http://www.nodevice....ny/RealTek.html

SRX660

dpkann1

dpkann1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Realtek is NOT part of Microsoft. Sound drivers for your computer are usually installed with the chipset drivers. The manufacturer carries sound drivers on their websites. Make and model of the computer would help to find the correct drivers. If this is a custom built computer then the model and make of the motherboard will usually let people find the sound drivers.

These drivers may not be correct for your computer but it shows they can be found.

http://download.cnet...4-10238712.html

http://www.nodevice....ny/RealTek.html

SRX660

i have followed your link to the nodevice.com and i have spent 42.00 buying what i thoiught would reinstAll what i have lost. i am now working with them waiting to see why the drivers haven't helped. i have reinstalled a microsoft service pak and still no sound. I am not understanding this. i have checked the volume and settings. the only change i see is the realtekac97 uninstalled..

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Unfortunately, i did not mean for you to pay for drivers. What i was trying to show is that there are many drivers for realtek sound chipsets. I was hoping you was able to give me the make and model of the computer or the motherboard so i could find the correct drivers for your computer. Most drivers are FREE. Since you have installed some kind of driver, i would check the connections to your speakers to make sure they are plugged into the right socket( pink to pink, green to green).

Do you have a speaker icon on your taskbar? If you do then right click on it and click on "open volume control". Once volume control is open make sure "mute" is NOT checked in any of them(small box at the bottom of each column). Click on options and then click on properties and make sure there is a dot in "playback"( click on the dot is there isn't).

Do you know that your speakers are working? Tried them on another computer?

SRX660

dpkann1

dpkann1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Unfortunately, i did not mean for you to pay for drivers. What i was trying to show is that there are many drivers for realtek sound chipsets. I was hoping you was able to give me the make and model of the computer or the motherboard so i could find the correct drivers for your computer. Most drivers are FREE. Since you have installed some kind of driver, i would check the connections to your speakers to make sure they are plugged into the right socket( pink to pink, green to green).

Do you have a speaker icon on your taskbar? If you do then right click on it and click on "open volume control". Once volume control is open make sure "mute" is NOT checked in any of them(small box at the bottom of each column). Click on options and then click on properties and make sure there is a dot in "playback"( click on the dot is there isn't).

Do you know that your speakers are working? Tried them on another computer?

SRX660

It is all good. the link didn't help me even though it costed me. i am thankful for people like you helping some one like me.I had already tried every senerio that i knew and thats was first the simply things like speakers volume controls which i didn't have. I still don't have a volume icon in the tray. but i can access it thru the control panel. I found out what the brand of mother board i had and went to the site and downloaded the driver i needed for free cause the linked site didn't help me. Anyways thanks for your time and your help....