Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help uninstalling software...

• Please log in to reply

AccidentalClick

AccidentalClick

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
A while back I made a topic wondering if my version of Samsung PC Studio was compatible with my Windows 7 computer, and in the end, it wasn't.

Now I'm trying to uninstall everything that is related to it, and while I could uninstall the PC Studio program itself, the Mobile USB software and driver set aren't going away.

I tried to uninstall them, and afterward it told me to restart, which I did. However, after restarting, they were still in my Programs and Features list. And trying to uninstall them again gives me these messages:

SAMSUNG Mobile Modem driver was not uninstalled successfully (12) There is no driver installed previously.

SAMSUNG Mobile phone driver Software was not uninstalled successfully (12) There is no driver installed previously.

And the other two ones give me the same options as before as if they were never uninstalled in the first place...

Can anyone help?

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
Try Revo Uninstaller

AccidentalClick

AccidentalClick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Thanks! That got rid of them.

Although after restarting, my computer seems to be slower than usual after I log in...

EDIT: Turned it off to eat and then came back afterwards. Seems to be taking much longer to startup in general, but that could just be in my mind.

EDIT again: System Restored the computer to before I uninstalled them. As expected, the computer started up much faster, back to how it was before. My computer ran the way it is now before attempting to install this program and its driver, it ran the way it is now with those unsuccessfully installed, but now once I try getting rid of them it runs really slow...

Is there any explaination as to why it's much slower without those programs/software than it is with the programs/software?

Edited by AccidentalClick, 22 March 2010 - 05:32 PM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
I don't have a explanation for that, but lets try a few things.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
[/list]If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download Auslogics Defrag from the link in my signature below. Auslogics Defrag in my opinion is better because:

It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
It will actually show you what it is doing
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
You can view a online log of the files that Auslogics defragged

http://auslogics.com...defrag/download

AccidentalClick

AccidentalClick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Should I be doing this while the programs I want uninstalled are still installed (due to System Restore)? Or should I uninstall then do this?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
You can run those programs anytime you wish. and them run them maybe every few weeks. The one cleans up temp files, cache, etc and the other is a defrag program.

AccidentalClick

AccidentalClick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Those two programs seemed to do the trick! My computer doesn't have PC Studio anymore and it's still running fast. Thanks.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue. I am happy everything has been worked out for you. With that being said I am happy to say:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible