Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Organization application?

• Please log in to reply

Guinea

Guinea

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, my concern is this...I am looking for an application, money is not an issue, that does exactly what I need it to do...at least that. Some of the features I am looking for are included in this software...http://www.taskimpact.com/default.html but that is not exactly what I want...

What I want is a calendar application that allows me to create customized inputs. I recently used Excel to create a simple calendar template that keeps track of my finances. The basic idea is that it will display my available checking balance on each day of the calendar. I can type in transactions each day in either positive or negative amounts and it will update my available balance. So I can easily keep track of how much money I have available. I do not, however, have enough room to include all of my organizational requirements...such as keeping track of appointments, birthdays, holidays etc etc...

I want a calendar that can take all of this into account. I want an application that will allow me to compile a To Do list with multiple details, much like the application above. But I also want a calendar feature to display a monthly forecast of financial data as well. Is there any software out there that does this? Like I said...I do not care about price...just efficiency. I am a huge organization freak and this would really simplify my lifestyle...

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Have you checked to see if QuickBooks or Quicken would fit with your requirements? I'm not an expert with their software and not 100% sure what you are looking for, but it's worth a shot.

If it's true that money is no object and you can't find what you are looking for, you might want to check into hiring a programmer. We did that at my work for a LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) and was able to have it tailored to our specific needs. It was built from the ground up and turned out perfectly. Not cheap, but it will do exactly what you tell the programmer you want it to do.

Edited by Spyderturbo007, 22 March 2010 - 08:14 AM.