Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sims 2: "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adap

• Please log in to reply

invalidconcept92

invalidconcept92

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please makesure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latestdrivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."
The game has been working fine for a long time. Only, every time I went to play I'd get some kind of message and I'd just hit Run and it would be fine. But that wasn't a problem.

Here's what the dxdiag says:

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Chip Type: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Total memory: 1336 MB
Current display mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (70Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Note-
The file nvd3dum.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.

Everyting I go to download to fix it says I need to buy something. Do I really have to pay for a new adapter?

Advertisements