Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need some IP Addresses

• Please log in to reply

geek11

geek11

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Does anyone know how I could find 12-15 IP addresses for the Southern California area?
They need to be in and around Irvine, Laguna Beach,Laguna Hills, Huntington Beach, Santa Ana, Torrance etc.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you could move to california and get an internet connection and pay for a bank of ip addresses.

what exactly are you trying to do?

Tripcode

Tripcode

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I don't feel comfortable posting my IP anywhere after hearing what they do on 4chan.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I don't have an IP address. I'm invisible.

At least that's all I'm telling. :)

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts

I don't feel comfortable posting my IP anywhere after hearing what they do on 4chan.

And what exactly do they do on 4chan?

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Proxy_server

Tripcode

Tripcode

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

And what exactly do they do on 4chan?

They'll start up a thread that thread could go on for hours because the post limit is way high, they are empowered by anonymity because hey, who isn't.

They will all gather with their Low Orbit Ion Cannons (DDoS Tool) and they will fire at your IP address.
It is not fun.

Direct quote from the times website
"In a stunning result, the winner of the third annual TIME 100 poll and new owner of the title World's Most Influential Person is moot. The 21-year-old college student and founder of the online community 4chan.org, whose real name is Christopher Poole, received 16,794,368 votes and an average influence rating of 90 (out of a possible 100) to handily beat the likes of Barack Obama, Vladimir Putin and Oprah Winfrey. To put the magnitude of the upset in perspective, it's worth noting that everyone moot beat out actually has a job."

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Sounds like your just paranoid to me. I wouldn't worry about it.

Tripcode

Tripcode

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Thats me.