I see why you are Ferrari - FAST! Thanks.
You are the second person to say that today.
I'm assuming you are using XP since that is what is under your avatar.
Try one of these for the CD/DVD drive:
1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.
Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.
3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch
Double click on cdgone.zip
to unzip it.
Right click on cdgone.reg
, click Merge
Accept registry merge.
4. Go to Device Manager
, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers
You'll see two items:
- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)
- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)
Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall
Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.Thank's to Broni for the instructions
(because I haven't written my canned yet)How to update drivers for USB: (requires internet access)
Did it find any updated drivers? Did this solve your problem?
- These are generic instructions, just do this for whatever USB devices have the yellow question or exclamation marks.
- Click Start
- Right Click My Computer
- Select Properties
- Bring hardware tab forward (should be by default)
- Click Device Manager
- Right Click USB Host Controllers and USB Root Hub
- Select Update Driver
- Follow the onscreen instructions (see images below)
Edited by Ferrari, 20 March 2010 - 10:41 PM.