Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help me view a webpage I viewed on wednesday . . .

• Please log in to reply

l83e77

l83e77

• Pip
  • 5 posts
On Wednesday I looked at a 'friends' profile on facebook . . I have since removed tham as a friend, but I need to know is there anyway I can view the page I looked at then (hoping maybe the computer somehow saves pages I have viewed???) I have looked at my web history and tried clicking on links on there, but as I am no longer linked to the person on facebook I just log in and then am obviously looking at it in the way I currently would now if I logged in to facebook today, but am wondering if I can somehow view a page I looked at like a 'saved page' (although I did not save it) ......................hope this makes sense lol and thanks in advance for your help :)

Additional Details . . .
This person has since deleted what she wrote on her wall though which is what I need to view again :-S .............can any one help???

on the history tab . . it shows I have looked at this person's page but when I look at it now I cannot view it as I viewed it then as I am no longer friends with her so the link is just taking me to look at it as in the current day . . .what I need to do is actually view the page i viewed if this is at all possible ???

Advertisements

l83e77

l83e77

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have asked this question an yahoo answers twice but ave not really been given any help so am really hoping I will be able to find the answer on here :) . . . it really is vital I find this (if it is possible lol) please don't assume it is something silly as it was on facebook . . I need the page as evidence . . .

l83e77

l83e77

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
giving this one last try???????????????????????????

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If the details you want have been removed from the wall by your ex-Facebook friend, you're not going to get them back.
People on Facebook have the option to decide who can see their details and it would appear that this one has restricted them to friends only.

Lister192065

Lister192065

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
AT a long shot you could try Google Cache.

Go to Google, Type:

cache:

followed by the address of the profile.

Example: cache:http://wwww.geekstogo.com

This will return what google has cached for that website. Now this is not a sure-fire what to see what you saw on wednesday but there is the off-shot that you might (if Google hasn't cached the page since Wednesday - unlikely but you can't hurt to try.

l83e77

l83e77

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks for replying :) I've just tried the google cache but just got took to the log in page :) is there anonther cache maybe internet explorer cache??? I remember years ago I bought a computer off someone and just by looking through pages on windows explorer, even though I had no internet connection I could view pages they had viewed on the internet, and these were not saved pages. I cannot seem to do this now???? Help please I will be eternally grateful lol :)

l83e77

l83e77

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
bump