Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Diamond XS5.1

• Please log in to reply

Iconicmoronic

Iconicmoronic

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Hi,

I'm having issues with a sound card. I purchased a very cheap sound card by "Diamond", which I hadn't heard of until a month back. Anyhow, I was up all night the night before and this was my last stop for the day, and I paid no attention to what I bought. The driver for the card itself was not Win 7 compatable but the company provided an update for Win 7 x32 and x64 versions. I managed to install the drivers and I am able to run the application software which allows for configuration of the settings. Windows was still reporting that the card had not been installed so I reinstalled the update and that problem resolved itself. The issue that remains is that when I raise the volume for the Wav bar and the bar which corresponds to the actual volume to equal levels, I'm getting a very noisy feedback sound in headphones or out of speakers. A computer consultant I know said that he thought there were some jumpers on the card that should correspond to cables that were part of the original computer built and built in audio chipset. I think the original chipset may even be better than this cheap thing, but I'm not sure. All I know is that I got the card because the sound in Windows decided to adjust itself so that it wouldn't raise beyond a certain volume, and as a music lover, it annoyed the effer luvin' smit out of me! Please help, the name says it all!

Iconicmoronic

Advertisements