Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iPod and/or camera is causing BSoD

• Please log in to reply

Tenshi No Reyire

Tenshi No Reyire

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hey, this site has helped me before so, here I am again. I'll try to make this as short as possible, yet still detailed. Some months ago, September or October, most likely, I attempted to install drivers for my digital camera. It's supposed to dually function as a webcam as well. After installing the webcam driver for it (it's a Sanyo VPC-T700) from the disc that it came with; my computer went to a blue screen and performed a physical memory dump whenever I plugged in my camera. Through some research online, I figured out that it is the Sanyo driver causing these problems, because everything worked fine before it. So I uninstalled it. But it's still doing the same thing. It does it only when I plug in my iPod or my camera. (I don't usually plug my camera in so that doesn't really bother me. But not being able to update my iPod is getting pretty annoying.) My mouse, modem, printer and graphics tablet don't cause any issues. Just the iPod and camera.

All I can figure is that the driver is still lurking somewhere on my harddrive causing problems. But I don't know how to get rid of it, though I've been trying many different methods for a very long time. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

I have a Compaq and Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 3.

I hope this is in the right place. Thanks for your time. ^^;

Edited by Tenshi No Reyire, 21 March 2010 - 08:38 PM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
found you in the waiting room...sorry we missed you.. :)
download and install WhoCrashed from [url="http://<a%20href="http://www.resplendence.com/download/whocrashedSetup.exe"%20target="_blank">http://www.resplende...edSetup.exe</a>"]here[/url]..
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

click on it...then run...then next...put a tick in accept...then next..put a tick in the don't create a start menu folder..then next...put a tick in create a desktop icon..then install.. then make sure there is a tick in launch whocrashed...then finish...then click Analyze ...

if you get a message
This software requires the right version of Windows Debugging Tools for your type of computer. Because this is not normally installed and is not redistributable, we suggest you select the download option from below. Then the right package will be downloaded to a temporary folder and the required files will be extracted from the package automatically. You only need to do this once
click on download then try running it again

WhoCrashed will create report...you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply...

Tenshi No Reyire

Tenshi No Reyire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hey, no problem, thanks for getting back to me. ^_^

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Fri 2/26/2010 4:51:16 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: usbport.sys
Bugcheck code: 0xFC (0xF79BF8E0, 0x5F58163, 0xF79BF840, 0x1)
Error: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
Dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini022610-01.dmp
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbport.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

Edited by Tenshi No Reyire, 27 March 2010 - 11:42 AM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
that crash was over a month ago...have you crashed recently...

Tenshi No Reyire

Tenshi No Reyire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Like I explained earlier, it only crashes when I plug in my iPod or camera. So I don't plug in my iPod anymore. There's no point. That was the last time I tried. I'm pretty positive the camera driver is causing the issues even though I uninstalled it. It's done the same thing to lots of people.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
what happens when you try plugging it (the camera) in when the power is off then boot up...
how many external things do you have connected ...please list them all

Tenshi No Reyire

Tenshi No Reyire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
It will give me a blue screen. Also, I stated before, I don't plug in the camera anyway. It's just the driver for the webcam part of the camera that's causing the issue. I uninstalled it, but it's still causing problems somehow. I know that uninstalling something sometimes doesn't completely remove it. If you google the model of my camera and 'driver' you'll find lots of similar posts. It also does a memory dump when I plug in my iPod. Anything else I've plugged in has not caused me issues.

Currently, I usually have my mouse, my printer and my modem plugged in at all times. To the USB ports. Other then that I have my keyboard and my speakers. Occasionally I plug in my graphics tablet to draw but that's about it. It's not plugged in all the time.