Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blank screen with blinking white cursor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

pekkles04

pekkles04

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I had a few problems before I got to this blinking cursor screen. First, I had a bootmgr missing, press Ctrl+alt+delete, well somehow looking online, I managed to fix it because the next error message that came up was NTLDR is missing, press Ctrl+talt+deleted, somehow looking online I fixed it too....I thought.
Then the next thing, I get a blank screen with a blinking cursor.

I have XP cd to do repair, but not sure exactly what I did or need to continue to do to fix this.

I tried FIXBOOT, but was scared to do the FIXMBR. I did the copy i386 thing also, but when I did it the second time, that's when I got a blank screen. I am no computer repair person, but would like to understand the steps that I'm trying to do to fix computer problems.

Can someone help?? Thanks!!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I am assisting you HERE
I will close this topic as no need for duplicating the issue.