Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PhysX on a ATI Card

• Please log in to reply

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Ok, this is a silly question. I've always been an nVidia owner and supporter of BFG Tech but I got an amazing deal to upgrade my graphics card and I purchased my first ATI card, an XFX Radeon 5870 and I made sure to completely delete all the nVidia drivers, which brings me to my question.... What do I do about PhysX? I know nVidia stopped supporting previous PhysX cards and any non nVidia card so how do I play these games? I can't play MoH Airborne or Dragon Age Origions because it tells me I need PhysX. nvidia.com/physx doesn't tell me anything useful, unless I'm overlooking the answer. It's too bad I can't just buy an old PhysX card and use that.

Advertisements

ADNoland

ADNoland

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Well, solved my problem myself. Metro 2033 has PhysX drivers when I installed it so I can now play those games again. I looked in the drivers section of the nVidia website but didn't see PhysX drivers. Did I overlook it or do I get the drivers somewhere else?