Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A problem with win xp pro and time zones

• Please log in to reply

DGrimreaper

DGrimreaper

• Pip
  • 1 posts
How do I tell my computer it is wrong? I live in the state of PA, USA. We are now on DST (daylight savings time). My computer thinks we are on standard. I used the freeware program fg timesync, also sp time sinc...no use. It puzzled me as to what was going on till NIST-Time-software confirmed what I suspected, namely that my PC thinks we are still on standard. How do I convince it we are not ? I am running Windows XP professional and have all the updates. Still even now as I type this it thinks it is 5:15. It is not. It is 6:15. HOW do I tell it we are on DST?

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
On the bottom right of your taskbar is most likely the time. Right click it, click adjust date and time.
The click Time Zone tab. Choose the correct time zone according to offset hours.
Then check the box "automatically adjust clock for daylight saving time.
Click Apply and OK
IF YOU DO NOT have time on the taskbar, Go to Control Panel, double click Date and Time and then do the same.