Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

• Please log in to reply

kikster

kikster

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Every time I long on my PC, I'm told that I have auto updates ready to be downloaded. When I click "install" after a couple minutes I get the following message: Cannot install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86

What do I need this for, and how do I get my computer to download it?

Advertisements

Mikeme

Mikeme

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
A lot of programs need net framework to be installed to function. I believe I would run this net framework clean up tool, as you may have had a corrupt install or download of net framework. It is freeware, read and understand what it will do. It is called net framework clean up tool 6.0.3790, and should clean up a messy install or download if you have one, then you can try to let the update do it`s thing again if you wish, it is found here: http://www.aboutonli...-net-framework/

Edited by Mikeme, 22 March 2010 - 06:28 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
The reason you cannot install them, is revealed in your other thread.
You have done a full system restore.
You will have to install many other updates first.
This is a little glitch in the Windows updates.
Do not select those two. Leave the others to run.
Then after those and a restart retry the MNF 3.5. (They will not install until AFTER or possibly with SP3. (I think) certainly SP2.