Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

User Profile Service Login Failed

• Please log in to reply

olliesam

olliesam

• Pip
  • 1 posts
No computer genius here but this makes no sense. Computer working fine yesterday. Went to it today and clicked on my user profile image, typed in the password and it said it did not exist 'Login Failed'. This was/is my administrator account. I went into my mirror image account - not an administrator account - and the system pulled up. However none of my data - mail, pictures, word documents, etc, were there. It was as if I just bought the computer and it kept asking me for information to set up all the account information eg. mail. I went and did a restore from the Mozy OnLine service and it did pull most of the information back - though in a separate folder - but at least its here. Problem remains that I seem to have no administrator rights nor can I log into it and keep looping back whenever it calls for the administrator password. I'm hoping this is making sense to someone/anyone. I have no idea what might have happened nor why I cannot log in as the administrator. Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions... before I am forced to bring it to a computer repair place for a $150+ charge to see what is the issue? Many thanks.

Advertisements