Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All external drives (USB and SD card) “not formatted”?

• Please log in to reply

ggottfri

ggottfri

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,
I’ve been having a rather unusual issue with my Asus Eee 1005HA netbook. The netbook seems to be unable to read any external memory source (i.e. external hard drive, flash drive, SD Card). It acknowledges that they’re connected, but when I click on the drive in Windows explorer it claims that the drive is not formatted. At first I thought it was something with my external HD, but it works perfectly when I plug it into any other computer. I then went on to test a USB flash drive and an SD card in the SD slot. Same “not formatted” issue came up but both work when plugged into another computer. The USB ports seem to be working as my mouse works in any of the ports. I haven’t installed or updated anything that should have changed the registry and I even tried reverting to a system restore point from a week prior when the netbook was working properly. I’m thinking this must be a Windows issue as the USB ports work with other forms of hardware. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Glenn

Advertisements