Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD-RW tray won't open

• Please log in to reply

BL00DY_R0AR

BL00DY_R0AR

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
I've tried googling and I've tried using the paperclip trick, but theres no hole on the face of the drive(besides the mic hole). It's a Dell 4600 desktop with stock drives and those drive don't have this feature. Go figure..its a dell :)

I've also seen that CD burning programs may be conflicting with it. I have CD Burner XP. I've tried ejecting it with that program, and still doesn't do squat.

When I push the button on the drive to open the tray, it just blinks at me(probably telling me to go f*ck myself) and then nothing. Not even a sound of the motor. Also another note I have a normal cd-rom drive(non-cdrw) that works just fine.

Is there a trick with these Dell drives that I don't know? Maybe I have to rub it a certain way? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Try holding eject button while restarting computer.

BL00DY_R0AR

BL00DY_R0AR

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Okay that worked!

So what could the problem be? A program interfering? Is there a procedure to go through to determine the source of the issue?

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Well, are you still having same problem after restarting computer?

BL00DY_R0AR

BL00DY_R0AR

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
No, Im not. Weird 0_o. Maybe the drive got jammed?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
This happens periodically on my laptop. No explanation. I just need to shut down and reboot and everything is fine.
After a reboot, the eject button works again.