Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office 2003 - OUTLOOK

• Please log in to reply

Opa6x57

Opa6x57

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I had a system crash a few weeks ago. When I got the system back up - Outlook would not connect to the company exchange server.

I found a Microsoft KB article which said the fix was to remove the profile section in the registry and re-create the profile. I did that.

Before that - the MAIN Outlook window would open at about 3/4 of the screen size - with the right edge of the window about 1/2 inch from the right side of the screen. But, when I opened any email (forward, reply, double-click to open, etc.) the email would open about 1/4 screen size - with the lower-right corner of the email very near the lower-right corner of the screen.

After that (remove profile, recreate). I cannot get Outlook to work like that. When I open an email - most of the time, the email window is the same size as the MAIN Outlook window - and it is positioned slightly below and slightly right of the position of the MAIN window.

I've used CTRL-Close, Shift-Close ... nothing seems to help. In fact - seems this makes things worse. If the email size does get 'remembered' then if/when I close/reopen Outlook, the MAIN window opens at the smaller size and position.

Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisements