Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ECS 680i SLi motherboard problem

• Please log in to reply

Jokerer

Jokerer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
As of today my computer will no longer boot past the post screen, and I'm pretty sure it's my motherboard because the only thing that will post is my CPU but my ram is absent. I have tested the ram in a different PC and it works fine. I have also put different ram into the ECS mobo and it still does not post. This error started after I attempted to OC my Qx6700 to 3.36 GHZ. I had it running stable at 3.2 GHz for at least 12 months now and I know how to OC properly. I also attempted to get my ram frequency up as well. Now I've already done a hard boot of CMOS and have reset the mobo using the jumper. I am getting no error beeps and all lights, green/blue/yellow are lighting up so I'm pretty sure it's not my power supply. Also as I said my CPU does post and the frequency has changed back to stock 2.66 since I reset the Bios manually. So, it seems my motherboard no longer detects ram and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions regarding what I should do... other than contact the manufacturer :). Thanks in Advance

Advertisements