Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Outlook 2007 - Mistake

• Please log in to reply

scvsop

scvsop

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I was trying to set up my Outlook 2007. I messed up because I thought I had a microsoft echange server and checked it and input some items I thought were my server and mailbox Name. Now when I open outlook, the first message I get says, "The connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." So I click OK since it is my only option. Then I get the second dialogue box that says, Microsoft Exchange. It has two fields, one for my server (which is inccorect because I don't have a microsoft exchange) and the other is my mailbox name which I just put my first name cause I didn't know what it meant. So When I click cancel, I get the third message, "cannot open your default e-mail folders. The file C:\Users\Jason\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline folder file."

Then I click ok, which is the only choice and outlook closes.

Help, I just want to start from the beginning, but I messed up and now I can't get back to the beginning of outlook. One thing I was going to try was to uninstall Microsoft Office Small business and reinstall it. but I wasn't sure if that would mess up any other files I have saved for Excel or PP or Word that I've created.

Jason.

Advertisements

scvsop

scvsop

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
For what its worth, on the advice from a friend, I did a "System Restore" by going to start then accessories, then System tools, then System restore, I restored it to a point before I made my "error".

Problem fixed and Now I have E-mail.

Thanks,

Jason.