Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to get more privacy on Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

max0808

max0808

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,
I'm using windows XP and I would like to know why I sent an E-mail to my friend with some pictures in it and when he comes to open his E-mail at my place and scroll down to view his pictures and goes on the arrow to the " next picture" and " next picture" to view them all one after one, He also get's to see all the images that had been clicked on or viewed on my cumputer, either on hotmail or anywhere on the internet. I'm using the program windows photo gallery.
So, basicaly everyday if he wants to know what have been looked at on my computer he can by openning his E-mail and going to pictures sent and he just have to go on and on and on and he gets to see what has been looked at. How can this be changed because it's causing a privacy issue.

Thank You

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Probably because you are referencing the files directly on your PC, and because your friend is using your PC, the images work.
I have to ask, if your friend regularly comes round and looks at his email on your PC, why are you emailing him in the first place?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
also...why is your friend logging on to your account? if he's that regular of a visitor, create him his own account on your computer, set a password on your account and his and when he wants to use your computer log off of your account and have him log in to his