Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Boot screen restart, flash of blue screen

• Please log in to reply

BrendonLuvsU

BrendonLuvsU

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Ok, a computer is restarting itself after Windows boot screen (blue loading bar) does it's thing for a few seconds, and it shows a blue error message (full screen) for a split second right before it shuts off and trys again. I can't get in to any type of safe mode including command. I can load a live CD of Ubuntu on the computer, and view all of the hard drive's contents. It started doing this afte leaving it to download a relatively big file. (A litle bigger than 1gig.) The hard drive was almost completely full at the time, and still is, except for 1.5 gig that I took off hoping it would boot. (Not healthy, I know) I have done a ramtest. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I take it you cannot see the BSOD error message?
Try this and see if you can get all the information from the BSOD.
  • Start your system and at the Second post screen tap on F8 to get to the Boot Menu
  • Use the Arrow Keys to Scroll down to the line that says "Auto Start On Error" and highlight it.
  • Click Enter to disable it
  • The system should reboot and if not then do so.
  • When the BSOD shows it will stop so that you can reply with the STOP ERROR and any parameters.