Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Factory Restore

• Please log in to reply

steviemay

steviemay

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hi im trying to put my pc back to factory settings but i cant get up the menu when pc starts ive tried hitting f8 f11 f12 and nothing happens i have a zoostorm 7910-1070. if anyone could help i would be extremely gratefull :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Under Vista, for system recovery if you don't have a separate DVD, you typically press F8 repeatedly for the boot menu, "Repair My Computer", select US keyboard, then log in as usual. There should be an option on there to recover the system to factory or similar.

steviemay

steviemay

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Prob is when I'm hitting f8 nothing is happening it just starts to load up windows as usual

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
steviemay-

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

This link has a post that will show you how to make a Windows Vista repair CD. After creating the CD, set your BIOS to boot from the CD drive. This site will tell you how to access your BIOS.

Let me know if you need help with anything else. :)

steviemay

steviemay

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
it only has option for windows sp1 x64 i think my windows is sp2 x32 does that make any difference if i use cd

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
steviemay-

Just to confirm- you are using Windows Vista, correct?

Edit:link removed has download links for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista repair CD images. Follow the instructions to download the 32-bit version and continue with the steps listed above.

Edited by dsenette, 25 March 2010 - 12:59 PM.

steviemay

steviemay

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
yes im using windows vista i tried recovery disk earlier and i tried to install new windows with it but it said its missing a file im just trying to get my pc back to the way it was when i bought it

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
steviemay-

Please disregard my previous instructions. Use this method to create a Recovery Console CD that you can use to repair your computer:

This will allow you to burn a Recovery Console CD
  • Download the recovery_console_cd.zip from here file to your drive and unzip it to it's own folder.
  • Download the correct floppy disk setup package for your operating system from Microsoft and save it to the folder you extracted the zip to.
  • Rename the floppy disk setup package to Bootdisk.exe
  • Insert a blank cd into your burner.
  • Now just double click the RecoveryCD.bat file and follow the prompts to burn a cd that will allow you to boot to the recovery console.

rollinemoff

rollinemoff

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Go to start,all programs, pc help and tools, recovery manager, hit allow, then keep hitting no until it get to factory recovery.