Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Code for Direct Download of MP3 files

• Please log in to reply

Caprica

Caprica

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I have a relatively simple problem to solve. The problem has been that it is SOOOOOO simple that google search does not help. I have MP3 files on my web site. Users can listen to the files through a player or I allow them to download the MP3 files for their own use. I am trying to set the code for downloading MP3 files without launching the client-side browser and/or media player. I want them to get a "Save or Open" popup option on their side. Should I be using "target" and if so what should the setting be?

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction here.

Caprica

p.s. I just realized after posting this that it should have gone in the Web Development Forum. Apologies!

Edited by Caprica, 24 March 2010 - 08:59 PM.

Advertisements