Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Display goes blank after XP welcome screen

• Please log in to reply

geno368

geno368

• PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
I have a system which I had to reload my XP Prof. and when I boot up the system, everything looks normal on boot except after the welcome screen, the display goes blank. The power light on the monitor starts blinking and the indicator light on the tower is still running. I can boot in safe mode and it seems to work fine, so I eliminated bad monitor or driver. Any help would be appreciated...

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Actually what you have done is shown there may be a problem with the driver since in safe mode the OS loads a generic video driver.
What video do you have and is it built on board or is it a add on card?
Also please supply the make and model of your system if it is a brand name.
If custom built what motherboard make and model.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
He posted very same question on countless number of forums: http://www.google.co...l...q=&gs_rfai=

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
geno368 you have to use one site as we have no ideal what advise is being given and with so many suggestions being given the chance of crippling your system beyond repair is greater.

geno368

geno368

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
thanks for the help and responses. I ended up having to update the driver...please mark this as solved or tell me how to do it
I try to support several sites and donate to them as well. Many times I get no response, so I wait a week and time is lost. That is the main reason.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm glad to hear you got your issue resolved and it was just a driver update.
Thanks for letting us know and allowing us to assist you.