Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Frozen 360 No RROD

• Please log in to reply

mark1984

mark1984

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My Xbox360 is freezing on startup before dashboard. No RROD and audio/video loads for 1-2 seconds before freeze. Unplugged and checked all connections, cold start, change/no disc, rem HD etc. Thought it might be loose GPU that hasn't been recognised (yet) as hardware failure, not RROD so not covered by warranty, is there any way to do system reset?

P.S. F!$K Bill Gates. Product Recall NOW-please stop making them in China and blaming a widespread console design flaw (Inadequate Heat sinks 3mm above CPU, GPU & Motherboard) on consumer neglect. This is my 2nd Console (1st had 5 RROD repairs, this one is an 8 month old baby and had it's 1st RROD repair after 2 months). :)

Edited by mark1984, 25 March 2010 - 08:59 AM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
If it's freezing I'd take it back anyway, sounds like a warranty issue. Just because the RROD doesn't show up doesn't mean the product doesn't qualify for warranty. If it doesn't work then it doesn't work and they need to fix it.