Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Frozen 360 No RROD

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My Xbox360 is freezing on startup before dashboard. No RROD and audio/video loads for 1-2 seconds before freeze. Unplugged and checked all connections, cold start, change/no disc, rem HD etc. Thought it might be loose GPU that hasn't been recognised (yet) as hardware failure, not RROD so not covered by warranty, is there any way to do system reset?

P.S. F!$K Bill Gates. Product Recall NOW-please stop making them in China and blaming a widespread console design flaw (Inadequate Heat sinks 3mm above CPU, GPU & Motherboard) on consumer neglect. This is my 2nd Console (1st had 5 RROD repairs, this one is an 8 month old baby and had it's 1st RROD repair after 2 months). :)

Edited by mark1984, 25 March 2010 - 08:59 AM.

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
If it's freezing I'd take it back anyway, sounds like a warranty issue. Just because the RROD doesn't show up doesn't mean the product doesn't qualify for warranty. If it doesn't work then it doesn't work and they need to fix it.