Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Graphics card performing slow

• Please log in to reply

aznboi2o9

aznboi2o9

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
I recently purchased a Sapphire Radeon 4670 1GB DDR3 for my new build. After installing it, I tested it on a game and it was slightly slower than my onboard 4200 hd. I was kinda confused. I was thinking about a fresh installation of windows but i dont know. If anyone experienced the same problems as me, please help me!

Steps that I did:
I disabled the on-board graphics card in the device manager. After that I opened up my case and popped the new 4670 in. I then started up the machine and was prompted by windows to put in CD but I just went into the amd site to get the newest drivers. I didn't mess with the catalyst control center. Then I rebooted and started playing, I saw some massive slow-downs.

System Specs:
Mobo: 785GTM-E45
CPU: AMD Athlon ll X3 435 2.90 GHZ
Ram: 2 GB
HDD: 127 GB
PSU: 500W(Came with the case)

Edit:
I just checked the FPS on the game I'm playing and it was an average at 330 fps... The game that I'm playing is Rumble Fighter. For some reason, to me, when I play the game it seems kinda laggy but the fps is 330... I checked my laptop and played the same game and checked the fps. It was at an average of 50...

Edited by aznboi2o9, 26 March 2010 - 01:45 PM.

Advertisements