Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Erratic Actions-----CRAZY PC!----My head hurts!

• Please log in to reply

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
[font="Comic Sans MS"]My pc is freezing up to where I can hardly get anything done. It seems it does it mostly after idle time. It will let me click on a couple icons and open them sometimes before it freeze screens on me. Then I can't even Ctrl/Alt/Delete or shut down properly. I have to just shut it off the hard way, and I know this isn't good for my pc. Other times when I try to shut it down properly, all the icons go away as if it is shutting down, but it freezes on the desktop wallpaper. Which means, everything has disappeared but the wallpaper, and it still does not shut down.
I have run every scan I can think of, but it has found nothing. But most times when I try to open scan programs, i.e. MBAM, Ad-Aware, etc., they will not open. Also, there are times when programs are opening okay, but when I try and open Firefox, it does nothing. I mean I can click on the icon and it seems to be trying to open, but the browser never comes up.
In the past, I have used Norton and McAfee at different times, but they are both uninstalled. Now I am using Avast, IObit Security 360 and PC Tools Firewall Plus. Also running is Secunia PSI, Smart Ram and CleanMem. For manual scans, SAS, MBAM, and Ad-Aware. I also use CCleaner and Advanced SystemCare regularly.
Is there a possibility that there are conflicts with these programs? I am banging my head against the wall, so if someone could please help me before I get a concussion, I would greatly appreciate it. :)

The following is my HijackThis log file:

Edited by Rorschach112, 25 March 2010 - 04:14 PM.
removed log

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Advanced SystemCare regularly
http://www.piriform.com/products and this link to CC Cleaner
I have little doubt that these are two if not all of the cause of the problem.

The only advanced system care needed was all built in by Microsoft and all of the link products are unnecessary and possibly unwanted
Try F8 on first post beep. tapping the key repeatedly and enter Safe Mode. (Not Safe Mode with networking)
Report results pls.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 25 March 2010 - 05:13 PM.

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
To make sure I am understanding you right, you want me to go into safe mode and use HijackThis? Because I'm not too familiar with logs and such. And do you mean that I should take CCleaner and Advanced System Care off my pc?

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
In any case, if the HijackThis log is what you want from safe mode, then here it is. I sure hope you can help me get back running smoothly, because my frustration is growing along with my headache. :) If you can help......you will be my hero....lol

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Please do not post Hijackthis logs out of the Malware Removal forum.

Edited by JSntgRvr, 25 March 2010 - 08:11 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Has the computer remained stable in Safe Mode.
I did not actually need the HiJack log, as I am not certified in reading them.
If it proves that the log is needed then I am sure I will be referring you to the Malware and Virus forum.
You will have noted that your previous HiJack this log was removed by an Administrator

Edited by Macboatmaster, 25 March 2010 - 07:35 PM.

carogator

carogator

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
It seems I was having similar problems. I didn't like the looks of script on firefox ,so I uninstalled it tonight. You wouldn't believe what good it did for my machine. Half my problems went away, and Oh So much faster.

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Thanks Macboatmaster. Yes everything worked fine in safe mode, but this happens sporadically, so it's hard to tell. I'm sorry, I didn't know not to post logs here. I thought that's what you wanted me to do. I am new to this and not familiar with exactly how the forum works. So I'm still not sure where to go from here. I'm just a normal user and don't understand a lot of the technical lingo. But I think you are trying to tell me that CCleaner and Advanced System Care might be causing me problems, right? The IObit Security 360 is derived from Advanced System Care. Would this be causing a problem too? And if so, could you recommend a better malware program to run along with Avast and PC tools firewall?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Certainly can.
How many of these programs that I have mentioned up to now are bought and how many are the free editions.
If you have bought them they can of course if you ever wish be reinstalled with the provided key or whatever they gave you.
If they are free there is of course NO PROBLEM.
Uninstall, ONE at a time and restarting after each uninstall, ALL of your CLEANERS, ANTI VIRUS, SPYWARE
BLOCKERS including the Cleaners, System Care, Smart Ram and Clean Memory.
After that is done. Install this:
http://www.microsoft...ls/default.aspx.
Commission it as you wish, updating it first, usually automatic.
If you are not happy with the ordinary Windows Firewall, I recommend COMODO, but only the Firewall, very little gets past it.
BEFORE YOU START ESTABLISH A RESTORE POINT.
Pls report results and I will take you to the next step.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 26 March 2010 - 12:05 PM.

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Sorry, but my pc has been running amuck. I will try and do what you said to do, but I just have one question, will this program along with Comodo completely secure my system? And the reason why I am using PC Tools Firewall is that I have found on most of the forums I have read is that that is what everyone is suggesting. Anyways, I'm willing to try just about anything as long as this Microsoft program is not a resource hog. That is why I uninstalled McAfee and Norton. Total resource hogs. This may take me awhile, because I have to keep shutting down when my pc freezes up. But hopefully, I will get it taken care of tonight or tomorrow. Oh yeah, all the programs I am using now are free. Thx

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Download WhoCrashed from the link below
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

Click on the file you just downloaded and run it.
Put a tick in Accept then click on Next
Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder then click Next
Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon then click on Install and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed before clicking Finish
Click Analyze
It will want to download the Debugger and install it Say Yes
WhoCrashed will create report but you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply

http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
123Runner, here is the report you asked for: I did not remove all the things that Macboatmaster said to do yet. I did remove CleanMem and Smart Ram though. Rebooted after each. I can work for awhile before things start freezing up. The weirdest thing is that I will be doing a scan or something else, and then I click on my browser button and it does nothing. I go Task Manager, and it shows that Firefox is running, but it never comes up on my screen. I delete the process and try it again, and the same thing happens. Then in a little while things start freezing up one at a time until I have to shut it down the hard way. I really don't want to remove my Avast and PC Tools Firewall if I can get around that. But I am using IObit Security 360 for maleware detection, because I don't know if there is anything better to use with what I have. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

No valid crash dumps have been found on your computer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion

Crash dumps are enabled and no valid crash dumps have been found on your computer. In case your computer does experience sudden reboots it is likely these are caused by malfunctioning hardware, power failure or a thermal issue. To troubleshoot a thermal issue, check the temperature using your BIOS setup program, check for dust in CPU and motherboard fans and if your computer is portable make sure it's located on a hard surface. Otherwise it's suggested you contact the support department of the manufacturer of your system or test your system with a memory test utility for further investigation.

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Well, after removing CleanMem and Smart Ram, it seems my pc is running much better. I was even able to do a Disk Cleanup, whereas it wouldn't let me before. So far, it hasn't hung up on me when returning from idle time. However, I have not tried going back to my original setting after my screensaver ...... (on resume, password protect) yet. That could possibly be another problem. But I am satisfied so far, even though it is sorta slow loading after reboot, and programs are still slow responding. I can at least use my pc now. Thanks guys for the input. :) :)

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Go to Start, Run, type "msconfig" without the colons. When msconfig opens, click on the StartUp tab, make a note of what is there and post results pls.

Are you NOW using Internet Explorer, if so I can then take you to the next step. It will NOT however work on Mozilla or any other, it needs IE.

Also pls do this. Start, Right click on My Computer, click Properties and post the info off the General tab, re system info. deleting any personal details. so that I have processor speed and ram.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 31 March 2010 - 03:10 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
leave Avast on and uninstall IObit Security 360...reboot
you can't have 2 active AV programs at the same time...they will fight