Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Erratic Actions-----CRAZY PC!----My head hurts!

• Please log in to reply

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Here's what's in StartUp:

EKIJ5000MUI
Conime
Logi_MwX
KHALMNPR
Reader_sl
AdobeARM
IS360tray
avastUI
FirewallGUI
ISUSPM
ctfmon
cdloader2
Sup_SmartRAM
Secunia PSI

Computer Info:

XP version 2002 SP3
Pentium® 4CPU
2.93GHz
1.49GB of RAM
-----------------------
Also, I am using the free version of IObit Security. It doesn't include the AV, it's just for maleware, so I wouldn't think that it would conflict with Avast. But hey, what do I know, cause something's wrong for sure. If this anti-malware program is conflicting, then could you recommend another free resident shield for maleware that is just as good or better?
Thanks.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
You can un-check the following
Reader_sl
AdobeARM

Uninstall IObit Security for anti-malware and install MBAM Free

The next file needs to be manually disabled and is only needed if you use multi language on your keyboard. If you do then skip the step.

To turn off just ctfmon.exe go to:

Control Panel then to Regional and Language Options

Click on the Languages Tab then click the Details button

Click on the Advanced tab

Check the box that says Turn off advanced text services option

Click A and then OK

I am not sure of the others.

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Thanks 123Runner.

K, I uninstalled IObit Security and did the other stuff. But I already had MBAM installed. Don't I need a resident anti-maleware program? MBAM is run manually.

I have not been on here for awhile, because my pc is going crazy again, and I just can't deal with it. Aside from freezing up, my pointer is now jumping up to the top of the screen while trying to use it. I think I have a poltegeist in my puter.....lol. Seriously though, all scans come out clean, and I just don't know where to go from here. Now I am afraid that uninstalling IObit has left my pc more vunerable. Is it well protected with only Avast and PC Tools Firewall Plus running?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
Please follow the steps below to enter the Event Viewer program in XP. This will give me more information into what is causing your issue.

Go to
Start and then click on Run
Type in eventvwr.msc and press Enter
On left side click on Applications On right side look for any RED X about the time of a incident
On left side click on System. On right side look for any Red X about the same time of a incident
Also look for any yellow exclamation mark at the same time in either of the above
If you find any double click on one at a time and take a screenshot.
To take a screenshot click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start
All Programs
Accessories
Paint
In the empty white area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Include as a attachment in your next reply

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Thank for reply 123Runner. I am trying to take a screen shot and paste it into WordPad, because I'm not too familiar with Paint. But it takes a shot of my whole screen including my desktop and everything. And it also does not take a pic of the whole error message in Event Viewer, so when you look at it in WordPad, you will only see part of the message. Am I doing it correctly? I am going ahead and taking screenshots anyway just in case it can't be done another way.

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I forgot to ask, how far back do you want me to go to take screenshots? Because there are many warnings and errors. Also, some of them have my name as a user and there is no way to take that out before posting. Is there a way around that? Thanks again.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
how to post a screenshot...go here...

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Event_Viewer__Application.JPG
I guess I'm not very good at explaining my problem. I'll try again. I did a screen shot and saved it in Paint, but there are so many warnings and errors that I cannot save them all. I don't understand how to save more than one at a time, because it won't let me save them in the same file, and there are way too many to make separate files. I never use Paint, so there is probably a way, I just don't know how. Also, like I said before, there are numerous instances where my name is in the Event Viewer as the User. Will others see this, and if so, I would prefer not to post it?
For instance, I went to Event Viewer, double-clicked on one of the error messages and dragged that window over so that the whole screen could be viewed along with that window. I saved it in Paint. But when I went back to double-click on another error message in Event Viewer and save it, it overrode the previous one in Paint. I tried to scroll and everything, but it only showed the one screenshot. I am sending one attachment so you can see how I did it. Let me know if this is right and what else I need to do. Hope I am sending attachment right....... :) Thanks for being so patient with me.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
this will make it easier for you and 123runner...
Please download the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso VEW from

here and
save it to your Desktop:
Double-click VEW.exe
Under Select log to query... select
Application
System
Under Select type to list select
Error
Warning

Then Click the radio button for Number of events
Type 5 in the 1 to 20 box
Then click the Run button.

Notepad will open with the output log....Please cut and paste the Output log
in your next reply

Edited by happyrock, 05 April 2010 - 11:22 AM.

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Thanks a bunch happyrock! That was soooo much easier! :)
Here's my results:

Vino's Event Viewer v01c run on Windows XP in English
Report run at 05/04/2010 6:34:34 PM

Note: All dates below are in the format dd/mm/yyyy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Application' Log - error Type
Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 22/03/2010 10:35:11 AM
Type: error Category: 0
Event: 0 Source: SonicMCEBurnEngine
Exception occurred:
excp'n type: Microsoft.MediaCenter.AddIn.ListMaker.NotEnoughDiskForStashListMakerException
excp'n msg: CanProceed found no media
No stack trace available.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 22/03/2010 10:12:08 AM
Event: 0 Source: Media Center Scheduler
The event description cannot be found.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 22/03/2010 10:08:35 AM
Event: 1000 Source: Application Error
Faulting application xpsviewer.exe, version 3.0.6920.1427, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.5781, fault address 0x00012afb.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 16/03/2010 1:16:52 AM
Event: 0 Source: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service
The event description cannot be found.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/03/2010 11:20:14 PM
Event: 1000 Source: Application Error
Faulting application revouninpro.exe, version 2.1.1.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0xffff00ff.

'Application' Log - warning Type
Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 26/03/2010 10:07:31 PM
Type: warning Category: 0
Event: 1517 Source: Userenv
Windows saved user HOME\.... registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use. This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 26/03/2010 10:07:27 PM
Event: 1524 Source: Userenv
Windows cannot unload your classes registry file - it is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 01/03/2010 2:30:48 AM
Event: 1517 Source: Userenv
Windows saved user HOME\.... registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use. This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 26/02/2010 11:33:11 PM
Event: 5603 Source: WinMgmt
A provider, OffProv10, has been registered in the WMI namespace, Root\MSAPPS10, but did not specify the HostingModel property. This provider will be run using the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests. Ensure that provider has been reviewed for security behavior and update the HostingModel property of the provider registration to an account with the least privileges possible for the required functionality.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 26/02/2010 11:33:11 PM
Event: 5603 Source: WinMgmt
A provider, OffProv10, has been registered in the WMI namespace, Root\MSAPPS10, but did not specify the HostingModel property. This provider will be run using the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests. Ensure that provider has been reviewed for security behavior and update the HostingModel property of the provider registration to an account with the least privileges possible for the required functionality.

'System' Log - error Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 04/04/2010 10:25:49 PM
Event: 7034 Source: Service Control Manager
The IS360service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 01/04/2010 10:41:34 PM
Event: 7000 Source: Service Control Manager
The SASDIFSV service failed to start due to the following error: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 01/04/2010 10:28:44 PM
Event: 7034 Source: Service Control Manager
The Java Quick Starter service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 25/03/2010 8:34:03 PM
Event: 10005 Source: DCOM
DCOM got error "%1084" attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server: {1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 25/03/2010 8:33:30 PM
Event: 10005 Source: DCOM
DCOM got error "%1084" attempting to start the service StiSvc with arguments "" in order to run the server: {A1F4E726-8CF1-11D1-BF92-0060081ED811}

'System' Log - warning Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 05/04/2010 1:11:24 PM
Event: 36 Source: W32Time
The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for 49152 seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable time stamp. The system clock is unsynchronized.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 02/04/2010 12:47:52 PM
The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for 49152 seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable time stamp. The system clock is unsynchronized.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 01/04/2010 2:27:00 AM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 29/03/2010 12:17:01 PM

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 26/03/2010 10:14:49 AM

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go to the add/remove software section of your computer...uninstall...
RevoUninPro.exe
Secunia PSI
and anything that says ..IOBit in it

go to MSCONFIG... start up tab and uncheck everything except your AV and firewall...
and cdloader2 if you have a magicjack phone connected to your computer

Logi_MwX is a Logitech Mouseware driver. Needed to support some additional functionality of Logitech mice/trackballs such as "SmartMove". If you disable it and find you don't need it leave it disabled...if you do find you need it go back to the startup and put a check beside it and reboot...

turn off indexing ....its a resource hog and if you aren't searching for things on your computer 10 times a day it will only slow down your system....

click on start...my computer...right click on C: drive....properties...on the general tab..uncheck ...allow indexing on this drive and compress drive...
then run Auslogics Disk Defrag 3.1.4.110...get it here...
install and run it

when your done...reboot...you will get a small window message saying you have changed the way windows starts...
put a tick in the box on the lower left that says don't show this again ...click ok

Edited by happyrock, 05 April 2010 - 06:23 PM.

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I uninstalled Secunia PSI, but there was no RevoUninPro.exe to uninstall, and everything regarding IObit was already uninstalled. I unticked everything in StartUp except Logi_MxX, KHALMNPR (because I Googled it and they said it was related to my Logitech mouse), AvastUI, and cdloader2. Most everything was already unticked except conime.exe, ISUSPM and Sup_SmartRAM. I also applied the non-indexing to c:\folders and subfolders. It took a long time to do its thang......(applying attributes). Should I have only applied this to c:\ only and not the subfolders, etc.? Oh yeah, the ISUSPM said that it was some kind of update service. If I don't need that to run, how can I check for updates to whatever it refers to?
A couple more questions....I promise.....LOL. Does Auslogics Disk Defrag take the place of the regular MS Disk Defrag? Or should I run both of them? And the last question......I had posted this previously......Is my system protected with just Avast free and PC Tools Firewall Plus free, or do I need a resident Maleware detector?

Sorry about all the questions, but I really want to understand and to get my pc running top notch. I appreciate your help and patience so very much. :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

Does Auslogics Disk Defrag take the place of the regular MS Disk Defrag

yep...EXCEPT it runs in minutes instead of hours...just run Auslogics

I also applied the non-indexing to c:\folders and subfolders.

perfect

Oh yeah, the ISUSPM said that it was some kind of update service. If I don't need that to run, how can I check for updates to whatever it refers to?

MacroVision is a video copy protection method for video playback equipment. First used on VHS tapes, later adapted for DVD's, VCD's and SVCD'
if it ever needs updating you will get it thru windows updates

so...hows it running

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Thanks happyrock.
Things seem to be running great now. Faster bootup too. I really appreciate all the help. Still want to know one thing though, is Avast and PC Tools Firewall Plus enough to secure my pc? I run manual scans, but these are the only two active shields. Don't I need an anti-maleware program actively running too?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
I thought I answered that. I must be losing it here.
A lot of people do different things.
I use Avira for my AV, Zonealarm for my firewall, Malware bytes anti malware (MBAM free) for antimalware, and Spyware guard for the spyware.

So add a antimalware to what you have.