Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Erratic Actions-----CRAZY PC!----My head hurts!

• Please log in to reply

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I use AVG....it has antivirus and antispyware components...
I am behind a hardware firewall so I no longer use a software firewall...but when I did I used zone alarm...
I would recommend you install spywareblaster...but leave spywareguard alone...it has caused slowdowns and other issues in the past

Advertisements

BeachBumBum

BeachBumBum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Yeah I had Spyware Blaster at one time, but someone (not sure who) told me to uninstall it. So I guess if I install that along with Avast and PC Tools Firewall, I will be protected right? And thanks for the heads up on spywareguard, cause I sure don't need anything else slowing down my pc. But I will install Spyware Blaster for sure. Thanks again happyrock, you have been such a great help, and I'm so glad I found this forum. I was ready to throw my pc out the window, and then I would've had to buy another window fer sure! :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome...