Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

IE won't connect but Firefox will

• Please log in to reply

nakotadurham

nakotadurham

• Pip
  • 3 posts
IE(7)
Firefox runs fine with no problems but when i try to open IE it says CANNOT DISPLAY WEB PAGE. Ive reinstalled it, tried running it in safe mode, cleaned up the registry, restored options to default, tried unchecking "enable third party browser exts.", tried renewing the Ip address and a couple other things. NOTHING HAS WORK THUS FAR. I'm running XP.

My laptop(VISTA) has the same problem.

Ran my virus program a couple times and nothing comes up. But something is WRONG and i need to use IE.

HELP PLZ!!

Advertisements

Macasaurus

Macasaurus

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've been having the exact same issue. Completely removing all IE components (that I know of at least, perhaps I'm missing something) and re-installing doesn't resolve the issue, and it's not being blocked by my firewall.
I hope a fix turns up!

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
What AV program do you use?
Did you check, if you have same issue in Safe Mode with Networking?

Macasaurus

Macasaurus

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm using Norton, but even when disabled, IE doesn't work.
And, pardon my extreme lack of computer knowledge, but I'm not sure what you mean by safe mode with networking. I do know how to start up my comp in safe mode, it's just the networking part I'm uncertain of.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts
Posted Image

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Thanks Doc :)