Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop Battery and WebCam Needed

• Please log in to reply

capper

capper

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I wanted to get some advice from the experts...

I have a Panasonic Let's note series laptop. It's just over 3 years old now. Originally it had a Japanese operating system (Windows XP) as it was purchased in Japan. I installed the English Windows XP and changed it to an English system.

I wanted to get a new battery for it as my current one only charges to a maximum of 80%. It also discharges much more quickly than it did when it was newer. New Panasonic replacement batteries for this model run about US$250 here in Japan. However, I found some on Ebay and bought one in January for about US$70. I got the battery Z(it came from China to Japan), but unfortunately, it also only charged to a max. of 80% and discharged quickly, just like the old one I have! I contacted the seller and they said to send it back for a refund or another battery (which they promised to check before shipping). I told them I would like another battery.

I went to the post office to send the battery back but Japan Post said that it was prohibited to send lithium batteries in the mail from Japan. Without any other option, I told them it was simply "computer hardware" and didn't specify what I was sending. Anyway, a few weeks later and the battery still has not been received by the seller. I sent it by airmail and the package can't be tracked without a tracking number.

So, I spent about US$70 on a battery that is lost in the mail (or being held by the Japanese authorities). I could really use a new battery. Any suggestions as to how I could get one without spending a fortune here?

Also, I would love to get a nice webcam for the same laptop. Any suggestions?

Advertisements